Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Rob, 42

Finally a man closer to my age! Full head of hair, looks younger than his age, never married, no kids. We're both Cancers! Birthdays are only 1 day apart.

I broke my rule about going to a date's apartment upon first meeting. It never seems safe. He assured me he wasn't going to kill me, just wanted to listen to 80s music together. And that's all we did, continued our drinks, chatted lots and listened to whatever we could think of on YouTube. He walked me out, got me a cab and paid for it. It was a really nice date and we didn't even...

He's fun, we have lots to talk about, he's new in town having just relocated for his job. As we continue to see each other, I broke another rule - don't introduce Tinder dates to friends and/or mix the two worlds. But I did and he seemed to get along great with everyone. By this time we still had not slept together which was perfectly fine (I still have Walker Wednesdays 😉).
This is the anti-Tinder via Tinder! Of course eventually we find ourselves there...he stops, says we shouldn't do this and maybe we should wait. Aw how sweet! 😍 I have a list of questions I usually ask when I first match and message someone. It generally gives me all I need to know to decide if I want to still meet this person. I guess I had forgotten one question before now being in bed together, P almost in the V...
Me: When was the last time you were in a long term relationship? He hesitated, looked at me as though he was hoping I would never ask. Rob: Well I kind of still am. Me: Are you fuckin MARRIED? I asked if you were single before we met!

Turns out he's been engaged for years, they own a house together back home, he relocates for work, but she has no intentions of following him. WTF.
I break another rule of mine - I continue to see him despite technically not being single.

It's Halloween 2015 by now, we hadn't seen each other in a month. but were both dying to. I go over to his place for drinks. He doesn't live in the best neighbourhood but it's one of up and coming places with nice apartments but not so nice at night.
He's had this fascination with knowing my last name. Another rule of mine, I don't reveal my last name to Tinder dates. The one rule I didn't break with him. He said tell me what your last name is or get out. So I got dressed and left. He didn't walk me to the door, didn't get me a cab. I could barely utter a bye when I left. I had to WALK home because it was so late and no cabs in sight. Never heard from him afterwards. I thought perhaps it was the booze talking and I would at least get a text the next day.

Fast-forward to January 2016. Random text from Rob, to get my attention. I was slightly enraged, more intrigued. I lasted a day without replying. I asked him what he wanted, reminded him how he KICKED ME OUT never to be heard from again. He apologized, I told him it was too little too late.

I made a new rule - not to get sucked back in by bad experiences and giving them a second chance. I deserve better that. #DearTinderDiary: I broke some rules, I made some new ones.

xx,
mh

No comments:

Post a Comment