Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Aloha Lunch!!

Is it lunchtime yet? It is now!

Chapter Two: Déjeuner

This used to be a Jack in the Box - Marukame Udon

We stumbled upon this around lunchtime and decided to give it try. Pick your own noodles, pick your own side dishes of fried goodness. Total bill less and $25USD and super filling and yummy. Beats Jack in the Box hands down.


Hi, I'm Dan and I'll be your server today - Lulu's Waikiki

Dan was a handsome ex-Navy guy who was stationed in Honolulu and never went back to Portland. Who can blame him? Keep talking Dan, you're so dreamy with your Buddy Holly glasses and tats, studying to get your Masters degree in biophysics or whatever the hell it was you're majoring in. Murray always says I'm not friendly enough. He wasn't too pleased. I think he ordered the Angry Hog as a subconscious reaction to my friendliness with Dan.


Oh and I got the mahi sandwich thanks Dan for the suggestion...


Food truck! - at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck

We only made it to this one food truck. I really wanted to show Murray the greatness that was the Blue Water Shrimp and Seafood truck but we were sad to find out it had just closed and only had a stall in the International Marketplace. Meh, just not the same. But this garlic shrimp scampi with our side of lemon butter shrimp comes a close second.


Mmm. I'm getting hungry again. Dinner tomorrow, mes amies!

kisses,
mh










No comments:

Post a Comment