Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tony, 41



Dear Tinder Diary:
Will I get any matches?  Alex's friend Michelle has been on 30 dates, but she's 7 years my junior and probably fun and cute all the time.  Damn her.  Fine, I'll try but I can't make any promises.

I had matched with a few men very quickly.  There was some back and forth messaging, most just fizzled out, but I was not discouraged.
There was Josh, 38 that had potential.  A non-local in the city for work (there are a lot of film industry guys where I'm from) and our exchange was going quite well and frequent.  Just as we were about to finally meet in person, he stopped replying.  Shame.  I guess his wife found out, or he got deported.

Enter Tony, 41.  My first real life Tinder meet!  Truthfully, I meant to swipe left/nope but went right instead.  Rookie mistake.  He wasn't bad looking, just not my first choice, but his message banter was funny and I figured I had to start somewhere.  So I agreed to meet him.

Tony didn't look exactly like his photos anymore.  This might be Tinder but I never intended to guarantee sex on every date.  Girl has got to have SOME standards, sheesh.  I think/hope guys know that.  There was no way in hell that was going to happen, but he seemed harmless, and I already put makeup on and left the house.  It would be wasted to turn around and leave at this point.  Oh and of course, rude.

He told me his story about being kicked out of a certain religion for sleeping with a married woman when he was 19 and she was 42.  Cue for me to leave, right?  I didn't!  It was such a crazy story I couldn't just leave and not hear the rest of it.  I mean, can you even make that shit up?

It just got better from there - his move to the city was more recent than he led on.  He was living in a hostel (WTF) and had just gone for a job interview earlier but it didn't work out because there is "some issue" with his driver's license (double WTF).

When I finally got out of there, he asked me if he could see me again.  I told him when he gets an apartment and a job, maybe (my inside voice said never).

Dear Tinder Diary:
Is it okay for me to concede to a happy life alone with my herd of kittens?

xx,
mh




No comments:

Post a Comment