Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pippa et moi

Like two single, fabulous, I can't even, hilarious, fantastic peas in a pod.  That is Pippa et moi.
We met years ago back in uni through the guy I was dating.  Soon enough my relationship ended with Whatshisname, but I got custody of the coolest girl in the world.  We've been causing serious trouble ever since.

We drink too much and eat too many carbs. We drunk pinky-swore that we have to go out on random nights so that we can start meeting boys.  Apparently they don't just show up at the apartment when we're having pizza and watching tv together.  Duh.
"Let's start getting into soccer and hockey.  Bars with games on will have boys there."  Pippa is the smart one.  She's a Virgo.
She is always right, talking about guys we want to meet in my apartment would not make them magically appear.  We had to put on real clothes, close the Tinder app and go outside!

Shit.  Soccer season doesn't start for months.  There are no hockey games on right now.  It's Monday night.  Okay let's just go out anyway, after we finish the wine and pizza.

Turns out it's more fun on nights when there is no game on and cute bartenders are not busy pouring drinks and would rather chat with cute girls like us! 

"Focus!"   Pippa scolded.  Did I mention she's a teacher?
"Grown ass women like us should not be wasting our time flirting with 25 and 28 year old bartenders who are only being nice because we are their only customers!"
"Our energy should be on grown ass men who sit on the same side of the bar as we do!"

Damn her for being the voice of reason.  But she did have a good point.  There were some interesting men on our side of the bar that night, and the bartenders are the perfect conduit for starting up group conversations.  We had some great fun that night, and I even got a number.  I still have it posted on my fridge as a reminder that I still got it at a time when I thought I had lost "it" forever. 

This was turning out to be a great idea.  Pippa always has the great ideas.  I usually make the great mistakes.  It's a good match if you ask me.

xx,
mh







No comments:

Post a Comment