Sunday, February 14, 2016

Brad, 23?

Dear Tinder Diary: Has a woman of a certain age entered official cougar-dom if she meets someone who is below her Half + 7 rule? Asking for a friend.
I had initial intentions of exchanging numbers with my favourite bartender at The Senate. Rewind back to the first time there and Pippa reminded us to focus on grown ass men our own age.
Obviously we can change our own rules.

Besides, grown ass men my age are not much different from guys 10+years younger. Younger men are just so much cuter and eager...I digress.

So I decided to just throw it out there with my fav bartender. He wasn't biting (which in hindsight is a good thing).
Cue the two guys who sit down next to Pippa and I. We had never seen them before even though they said they were regulars. Fast forward to musical chairs at the bar after a bathroom break, lots of rounds, chatting, and a kiss at the door on our way out.  Whaat just happened?!

I think his name is Brad.  Or is it Chad? Hmm. He was cute. Nice voice (I am a sucker for Clooney toned men.) 6'3" and all lean muscle. Totally not my usual type. He was a total hipster! There may have been some man-bun!, nose and lip piercings!, super cool tee and sweats and matching bicycle that cost way too much! I think numbers were exchanged, perhaps selfies taken?!

It always seems like a good idea to take a drunk guy home when you're just as drunk. But I always forget alcohol affects dudes a little differently - figuratively and, er, literally. He said he'd call on his way out. I knew he never would.

My time now is for fun and excitement. I've been reading into things too many times, desperately trying to forecast some type of relationship weather that I will never be able to predict. So why not just go with it? I confess I am not easy going at the best of times, and realize that this stress case should chill the fuck out and just do things for the moment. And so I did.
I would like to thank Brad for a random night. No regrets and makes for perfect writing material. Pippa and I saw his friend a couple weeks later. Brad wasn't with him thankfully, but I told him that I say hi.

xx,
mh

No comments:

Post a Comment