Saturday, February 6, 2016

Tyler, 27

Hi I'm Tyler. Would you like to have a slice of pizza with me?
It wasn't supposed to happen at all. I was supposed to meet my  friend after work for dinner on the other side of town. She wasn't supposed to suddenly fall ill and cancel. I wasn't supposed to have any energy to go shopping before heading home.
But I did and he stopped me out of the blue on my way home, bargains in hand and belly grumbling.
'You scared shit out of me' was the first thing I said. Not the cute-meet line they write in the movies for Rachel McAdams.   It's not everyday you feel a tap on your arm while you're walking home on a busy downtown street. He looked nervous, it took a moment to figure out I did not know this person. But then he smiled and it suddenly felt like I did. I instantly liked what was happening.
He was incredibly charming, took charge of this random meeting, made me laugh out loud. I was thoroughly impressed after 20 mins. He left just as I was intrigued. Damn.
I didn't think our number exchange would result in anything more than that laugh and slice of pepperoni.
He texted days later and we met for drinks. Bright blue puppy dog eyes, lashes batted gave him whatever he wanted from me. Nice hands, soft deep voice, slow but even articulate words. He kissed me goodnight even though I felt shy and hesitant. It had been a while that a kiss made me tingly all over.
I brazenly texted too soon after asking for more.
I enjoyed weeks of incredible fun and had butterflies every time we were together. Then I got scared and ruined it all in one swift move. One very terribly timed comment ended it.
That was a year ago now. Our eyes locked on the street again months later. We just smiled and kept going. I still think about him which I know is silly. But I thought he was sweet. Even though I wasn't. *le sigh*

#DearTinderDiary: I have learned not to be brutally honest at the worst time possible. (Those of you that know the storyare probably still shaking your head. I know, I know who does that? I did 😕)

xx,
mh

No comments:

Post a Comment